If you have been waiting on the Lord for provision, know that God’s heart is for you to be abundantly supplied. The greatest proof of this is that God has already given you His very best, Jesus Christ. And when you have the Lord, you have everything that you need (1 Corinthians 1:30, 2 Peter 1:3).
What is it that you need today? Healing for yourself or a loved one? Favor at work or with your spouse? Wisdom to make important decisions about your career, children or who to marry? God assures you that He knows that “you need all these things” (Matthew 6:31–32) and that He has already provided for them.
How? Through Christ’s sacrifice on the cross! At the cross, Jesus though He was rich became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich (2 Corinthians 8:9). He carried all your sicknesses and pains on His own body (see Isaiah 53:5) so that yours may be whole, healthy and strong. He wore the crown of thorns (John 19:2) so that your mind may be free from torment. He died alone (Psalm 88:18) so that you may always be surrounded by loved ones and friends.
Jesus has done it all and provided it all for you. There is nothing you need to do to qualify for or deserve God’s blessings and provision. Jesus declared in John 10:10 that He came that you may have life, and that you may have it more abundantly. So beloved, come boldly to your heavenly Father today and you will “obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16).
As you wait on the Lord for your breakthrough, continue to focus on your heavenly Father’s goodness and His willingness and ability to provide what you need. What follows is a collection of God’s promises for provision, some already well-known and well-loved, that will help keep you enveloped in a cloud of your Father’s love and grace.
In addition to these scripture verses, I encourage you to pray the prayer that has been included at the end over yourself and your situation. Trust in your heavenly Father’s heart of love toward you, and the perfection of your Savior in saving and providing for you, and see all the wonderful promises in His Word come to pass for you!
GOD WANTS TO PROVIDE FOR YOU
1. Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.- Luke 12:32
2. Therefore do not worry, saying, “What shall we eat?” or “What shall we drink?” or “What shall we wear?” For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.- Matthew 6:31–32
3. Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.- 1 Peter 5:7, NLT
4. …what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!- Matthew 7:9–11
5. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.- Mark 11:24
6. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.- Philippians 4:6–7
7. For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.- Romans 5:17
8. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.- Romans 8:28, NLT
9. Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.- 3 John 1:2, KJV
10. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.- James 1:5
11. Remember the Lord your God. He is the one who gives you power to be successful…- Deuteronomy 8:18, NLT
12. The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.- Deuteronomy 28:8
13. Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son.- Genesis 22:13
14. …let them say continually, “Let the Lord be magnified, who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”- Psalm 35:27
15. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.- Psalm 37:4
16. Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits, the God of our salvation!- Psalm 68:19
17. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”- Jeremiah 29:11, NIV
WHEN YOU HAVE JESUS, YOU HAVE EVERYTHING
1. Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.- John 6:35, NLT
2. as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,- 2 Peter 1:3
3. But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption.
– 1 Corinthians 1:30
4. To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.- Colossians 1:27
5. …Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.- Colossians 2:2–3
6. For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.- 2 Corinthians 1:20
7. For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.- 2 Corinthians 8:9
8. and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.- Colossians 2:10
9. The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.- Romans 8:16–17
10. And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.- Philippians 4:19, NLT
11. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit.- Jeremiah 17:7–8
12. “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to Me. Get away with Me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with Me and work with Me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with Me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”- Matthew 11:28–30, MSG
GOD’S SUPPLY IS MORE THAN ENOUGH
1. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.- Ephesians 3:20
2. For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace.- John 1:16, NASB
3. And Jesus took the loaves, and when He had given thanks He distributed them to the disciples, and the disciples to those sitting down; and likewise of the fish, as much as they wanted. So when they were filled, He said to His disciples, “Gather up the fragments that remain, so that nothing is lost.” Therefore they gathered them up, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves which were left over by those who had eaten.- John 6:11–13
4. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.- John 10:10
5. He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?- Romans 8:32
6. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.- Ephesians 1:3
7. For every beast of the forest is Mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills.- Psalm 50:10
8. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow. And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath…- Deuteronomy 28:12–13
9. …So Elisha said to her, “What shall I do for you? Tell me, what do you have in the house?” And she said, “Your maidservant has nothing in the house but a jar of oil.” Then he said, “Go, borrow vessels from everywhere, from all your neighbors—empty vessels; do not gather just a few. “And when you have come in, you shall shut the door behind you and your sons; then pour it into all those vessels, and set aside the full ones.” So she went from him and shut the door behind her and her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured it out. Now it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said to her son, “Bring me another vessel.” And he said to her, “There is not another vessel.” So the oil ceased. Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, “Go, sell the oil and pay your debt; and you and your sons live on the rest.”- 2 Kings 4:2–7
10. Then he commanded, “Open that eastern window,” and he opened it. Then he said, “Shoot!” So he shot an arrow. Elisha proclaimed, “This is the Lord’s arrow, an arrow of victory over Aram, for you will completely conquer the Arameans at Aphek.” Then he said, “Now pick up the other arrows and strike them against the ground.” So the king picked them up and struck the ground three times. But the man of God was angry with him. “You should have struck the ground five or six times!” he exclaimed. “Then you would have beaten Aram until it was entirely destroyed. Now you will be victorious only three times.”- 2 Kings 13:17–19, NLT
11. The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.- Lamentations 3:22–23, NLT
PRAYER FOR GOD’S PROVISION
“Lord Jesus, I thank You that You love me unconditionally and that You are both willing and more than able to provide for me. At the cross, You were made poor so that by Your poverty, I can be abundantly supplied today! You are my Provider, Your favor surrounds me as with a shield and You open wide doors of good opportunity for me. I do not have to struggle or despair. As I wait on You for Your supply in my life, I choose to focus on and give praise for Your great love for me. Amen!”