As you are trusting the Lord for healing today, it is so important for you to know that God wants you healed and well. My Bible tells me clearly that God is a God of love and that He is a good God (1 Chronicles 16:34; 1 John 4:16).
This means that if you are sick, God’s heart is and will always be to heal and restore health and life to you. He so desires for you to walk in health and life that He gave you His beloved Son, Jesus, so that you might have life and have it more abundantly (John 10:10). God is for you to walk in abundant health and life. He does not want your body and life sapped, incapacitated or debilitated by pain, sickness and disease, and He will never withhold healing from you.
How important is your healing and health to the Lord? So important that He Himself paid the heaviest and most terrible price for your wholeness! At the cross, Jesus was judged, burnt, smitten and crushed. He paid the full price for your healing, health and wholeness so you could experience His abundant life. Today, there is no symptom in your body that is too insignificant for Him to care about, and no condition that is greater than what His finished work has accomplished.
Beloved, if you’re facing challenges in your body today, I encourage you to meditate on the love and finished work of our Lord Jesus through the healing scriptures below. These Bible verses pertain specifically to your healing. In them, you will see the Lord’s heart to heal you and your loved ones, and how your healing has already been paid for at the cross. When you see also how willingly and compassionately Jesus simply healed all who came to Him, as long as they had a physical need, faith will rise in your heart to know that He wants to, and can do the same for you.
You may find some of the verses familiar, but I pray this will not stop you from soaking yourself in these healing scriptures, chewing on them and trusting the powerful and living Word of God to bring healing and life to your body. The Bible tells us that God’s Word is “life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh” (Proverbs 4:22). So as you immerse yourself in God’s healing promises and speak them over your body, expect to receive an abundance of His divine healing and resurrection life!
Apart from these healing scriptures, you will also find a prayer at the end of the verses that you can pray or speak over yourself or your loved ones. I pray that through these avenues, you will keep receiving the healing and wholeness you are trusting Jesus for, and keep walking in an increasingly greater measure of His health and life!
GOD WANTS YOU HEALED AND WHOLE
1. Surely He has borne our griefs (sicknesses, weaknesses, and distresses) and carried our sorrows and pains [of punishment], yet we [ignorantly] considered Him stricken, smitten, and afflicted by God [as if with leprosy]. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.- Isaiah 53:4–5 (AMP)
2. But He was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed.- Isaiah 53:5 (NLT)
3. …who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.- 1 Peter 2:24
4. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.- Romans 8:11
5. He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?- Romans 8:32
6.came and knelt before Him. “Lord,” the man said, “if You are willing, You can heal me and make me clean.” Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” He said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared.- Matthew 8:2–3 (NLT)
7. “Lord, help!” they cried in their trouble, and He saved them from their distress. He sent out His word and healed them, snatching them from the door of death.- Psalm 107:19–20 (NLT)
8. For He will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease.- Psalm 91:3 (NLT)
9. He also brought them out with silver and gold, and there was none feeble among His tribes.- Psalm 105:37
10. Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.- 3 John 1:2 (NASB)
11. “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have [it] more abundantly.”- John 10:10
12. Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday. Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you.- Psalm 91:5–7 (NLT)
13, With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.- Psalm 91:16
14. “…I am the Lord who heals you.”- Exodus 15:26
15. “I will give you back your health and heal your wounds,” says the Lord.- Jeremiah 30:17 (NLT)
16. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases.- Psalm 103:2–3
17. My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; for they [are] life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh.- Proverbs 4:20-22
EVERYONE WHO CAME TO JESUS WAS HEALED
1. And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people.- Matthew 4:23
2. News about Him spread as far as Syria, and people soon began bringing to Him all who were sick. And whatever their sickness or disease, or if they were demon-possessed or epileptic or paralyzed—He healed them all.- Matthew 4:24 (NLT)
3. When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.” Jesus said to him, “I will go and heal him.”- Matthew 8: 5–7 (NIV)
4. When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: “He Himself took our infirmities and bore [our] sicknesses.”- Matthew 8:16–17
5. …Then Jesus turned to the paralyzed man and said, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and go home!” And the man jumped up and went home!- Matthew 9:6–7 (NLT)
6. Then great multitudes came to Him, having with them [the] lame, blind, mute, maimed, and many others; and they laid them down at Jesus’ feet, and He healed them.- Matthew 15:30
7. Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they received their sight and followed Him.- Matthew 20:34 (NIV)
8. And He entered the synagogue again, and a man was there who had a withered hand. So they watched Him closely, whether He would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse Him. And He said to the man who had the withered hand, “Step forward.” Then He said to them, “Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they kept silent. And when He had looked around at them with anger, being grieved by the hardness of their hearts, He said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” And he stretched [it] out, and his hand was restored as whole as the other.- Mark 3:1–5
9. A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding. She had suffered a great deal from many doctors, and over the years she had spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she had gotten worse. She had heard about Jesus, so she came up behind Him through the crowd and touched His robe. For she thought to herself, “If I can just touch His robe, I will be healed.” Immediately the bleeding stopped, and she could feel in her body that she had been healed of her terrible condition.- Mark 5:25–29 (NLT)
10. Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.” So they called to the blind man, “Cheer up! On your feet! He’s calling you.” Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus. “What do you want Me to do for you?” Jesus asked him. The blind man said, “Rabbi, I want to see.” “Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.- Mark 10:49–52 (NIV)
11. When the sun was setting, all those who had any that were sick with various diseases brought them to Him; and He laid His hands on every one of them and healed them.- Luke 4:40
12. And the whole multitude sought to touch Him, for power went out from Him and healed [them] all.- Luke 6:19
13. A funeral procession was coming out as He approached the village gate. The young man who had died was a widow’s only son, and a large crowd from the village was with her. When the Lord saw her, His heart overflowed with compassion. “Don’t cry!” He said. Then He walked over to the coffin and touched it, and the bearers stopped. “Young man,” He said, “I tell you, get up.” Then the dead boy sat up and began to talk! And Jesus gave him back to his mother.- Luke 7:12–15 (NLT)
14. And a woman was there who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not straighten up at all. When Jesus saw her, He called her forward and said to her, “Woman, you are set free from your infirmity.” Then He put His hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and praised God.- Luke 13:11–13 (NIV)
15. One of the men lying there had been sick for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him and knew he had been ill for a long time, He asked him, “Would you like to get well?” “I can’t, sir,” the sick man said, “for I have no one to put me into the pool when the water bubbles up. Someone else always gets there ahead of me.” Jesus told him, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk!” Instantly, the man was healed! He rolled up his sleeping mat and began walking!
16. “…how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.”- Acts 10:38
PRAYER FOR HEALING AND WHOLENESS
“Lord Jesus, I thank You that You love me and that You are both able and willing to heal me. At the cross, You took all my sicknesses and pains in Your own body, and by Your stripes, I am healed! Your body was scourged and broken so that mine can be made whole. I receive all that You have done for me and I rest in Your finished work. There is nothing more for me to do. As I wait on You for the complete manifestation of my healing, I choose to focus on and give praise for Your great love for me. Amen!”
To find out more about what the Lord has done for you, and the extent to which He has saved you, spirit, soul and body, we would like to recommend the following songs by Pastor Victor Okereke from our ministry’s my audio songs: